DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dear Daniel,

One year ago today, God changed my life forever. Never in my wildest dreams could I have possibly imagined how much. No parent truly realizes the changes and sacrifices they will make for such a precious gift. Daniel, you mean so much more to me than I could have ever imagined. Not a day goes by that I don't look at you and thank God for giving me one more day of your smile. The way you tug on my neck so I'll hold on for one more second. The way you say mama melts my heart with every breath you take. To know that sometimes I'm the only one that can calm your tears delights me. Your little hand at your mouth blowing me kisses. The way you seem to fit in my arms just so when I hold you close. Even on those sleepless nights I can praise God that I have a reason to be exhausted.

One year ago today, I held you for the first time and couldn't believe that God had trusted me with one of his most amazing miracles. The joy, honor and fear of it all washed over me. To know that I was responsible for His creation. To care for you and raise you to trust in our Saviour. To know that you were not only a part of me and your dad, but a part of God. To know that you weren't truly and wholly mine, but God's. To know that my love for the Lord was so much stronger because He blessed me with you. Because He was and is always faithful. Praise be to the one and true God who moves mountains!

One year ago today, I looked in your eyes and saw your father. My love for your daddy is immeasurable. My love for him grows each time I see him kiss your precious head. To see you both asleep in the recliner gives me such peace. Your laughter makes him smile a smile that he saves just for you. I love that smile! When he sweeps you up into his arms I know that he would do anything to help and protect you. And to see him reprimand you reassures me he will also guide you. Not only guide you through this world but down the path of righteousness. Because your daddy loves you more than any man on this earth!

One year ago today, I became your mommy. And I will always and forever be Daniel's Mommy!

I love you Puppy, a whole sky full!

1 comment:

brad, kammy, mason & madison said...

Happy birthday, Daniel! I can't believe it's already been a year!