Michael and I went to the Ranger game on Friday with David and Natalie. We had such a good time, even if they didn't win. I'm pretty sure Baby Dot had fun too! In the seventh inning someone hit a homerun. (I can't remember his name.) We of course were very excited and screamed and hollered. When I sat down I could feel this overwhelming movement. I looked excitedly at Michael. I wasn't 100% sure if that's what it was. Was it the dinner I inhaled at Sonic? Or it might have been the half-eaten bag of cotton candy. I sat there with crowd yelling around me and said to myself. It has to be the baby.
Me: Michael, I think I can feel the baby!
Mike: What? (It was very loud!)
Me: I think I'm feeling the baby move! (Louder now.)
Mike: Are you sure?
Me: I think so?
Natalie: What's the matter?
Me: I think I'm feeling the baby move.
Nat: (Squeal of joy!) Are you serious!?!?
Mike: What's it feel like?
Me: It feels like she's doing somersaults in my tummy.
Nat: Can you feel it on the outside or just the inside? (As she reaches over Michael to feel.)
Me: Just the inside! Oh my goodness I want to cry!
I was so excited. David said later that night before we left their house. "Since you felt the baby move tonight that must mean she's a Rangers fan."
I'm also thinking Baby Dot may or may not be a fan of the preacher. Michael and I finally went back to church, after a couple weeks of backsliding. It was obviously a sermon we were supposed to hear. I feel like he did it just for me. The series is on Baggage. This week is was emotional baggage. At one point the preacher was getting a little bit louder and I felt a very distinctive kick. There was definetely no mistaking that move! I'm not sure if Dot was saying "amen" or "quiet down, I'm trying to sleep".
Lastly, Sunday night as I'm getting settled into bed I'm reading and have a set of headphones on my belly, per Michael's request. (Michael has loaded a huge list of music into his mp3 player that he wants me to play for the baby. It's a mixture of Christian, Classical/Choral, and his favorite movie soundtracks. Star Wars anyone!) Well, I'm laying there and I began to feel a thumping or tapping on my belly. I wasn't sure if it was Dot or the headphones. I pick up the headphone to see if maybe I have them up too loud and the "speakers" are thumping. But they weren't. Again, it was Baby Dot. It is so amazing that go from not feeling anything to a weekend of movement!
Our God is an awesome God and has created this amazing baby for us!!


No comments:
Post a Comment