
I turned the big 3-0 this month! That's right I'm 30. Instead of crying about it I decided to torture my family and force them to go somewhere none of them have ever gone before. A sushi bar! I hadn't had sushi since before I got pregnant and I was ready to dive in again. Since I'm breastfeeding, I can't eat raw sushi yet so my mom volunteered to eat what I would have. She was very surprised at how much she enjoyed it. Jennifer, John and Natalie also tried it but I don't think they will be going back for it anytime soon. I had a great time even if everyone else was still hungry after we left. (The chicken teriyaki was the most popular dish at our table.)


Although Daniel hasn't mastered rolling over from his back, he is pushing himself off of his stomach onto his back. He's trying very hard to roll from his back. Sometimes I think he's almost got it figured out. But he gets very frustrated when he can't do it. It's actually quite funny to see him get so mad.
Boy he has his Mommy's temper. Sorry world! Daniel has now transferred from his bassinet to his crib for a few weeks now. Please don't ridicule me for keeping my baby in my room for three months. I won't listen to you anyway! :o) He's been doing great and has slept through the night on two occasions. The first night he did it I woke up with a fear of finding...well, let's not go there. Anyway, he's been doing great and I don't want to jinx myself by bragging too much.Michael has been very busy preparing for the high school musical he is putting together this year. It takes a lot of his time away from home so I know he is looking forward to his time off with Daniel. Michael is out of school as of Friday the 19th and will be watching Daniel until the new year. Two whole weeks with Daddy! Which brings me to wonderful Krystyna.
Since Krystyna will be going back to Navarro full-time in January she will no longer be able to watch Daniel for us. It makes us sad but we knew from the beginning this was only temporary. She was so great with him. I know he fell in love with her and she fell for him. (How can you not?!) My trust in her was strengthened everyday when I saw how comfortable he was with her. He would always greet her with a smile and lots of laughs first thing in the morning. (He doesn't do that for everyone.) My fear of putting a six week old in daycare was calmed by having Krystyna take care of him here at home. We'll still see her occasionally but we'll miss her just the same!

I'm not nervous about taking a four month old to daycare. I really feel like daycare is going to be a good deal for him. Especially the daycare we've chosen. It's literally right across the street from where I work and is one of the best organizations I've ever seen. The daycare may get tired of us pretty quick though. I plan on visiting quite often! (One down fall of being so close to work: I won't want to go to work!)
Well, that basically sums it up. It's really been pretty uneventful, which is really the only excuse I have for not updating the blog. I will try to be better about it. Can I just play the "new mommy" card this time?


2 comments:
Libby I just love your photo heading it's absolutly AWESOME!!! I won't rag on you about your blogging As I know how busy it is. The photos are amazing and I love your Thanksgiving slideshow, you'll have to tuto me on how to post a slide show so as to not take up so much space on my blog!! Daniel is getting so big and handsome, his hair I see looks a little blonder. you guys have so many reasons to be so proud and I'm proud for you!!
Love you whole skyfuls!
Patty
Love the new pic! Such a cute little family. Hope you guys had a great Christmas. I updated my blog...tag you're it!
Post a Comment