DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 8, 2009

6 months and counting!










Our baby turned 6 months on February 27th! Where has the time gone? His dedication went great. We had a small intimate group which is just how we had wanted it. All the people who love Daniel were there. And those who couldn't be were there in spirit and in our hearts. It was an eye opener for me to remember that Daniel doesn't really belong to me, but to God. He is truly His. And last weekend we let everyone know. I pray that God will give us the wisdom to raise him in a loving Christian home. And I pray that one day we will see him give his heart to God as we have given ours.

Daniel has been accomplishing so much in his little world. We've really been working and playing hard. And I know his teachers and friends at day care have really been a lot of help. Here is what he's doing right now.
- sitting up









- grabbing objects around him (The tv remote and telephone are popular choices.)
- putting everything in his mouth
- trying solid foods









- attempting to hold his own bottle and spoon
- rolling over and over and over
- scooting around on his belly, backwards (He started out on the blanket playing with his toys.)
- making one syallable sounds (ie. ma, da, ba, bla, pa)
- recognizes both of his names (He goes by James at school and Daniel everywhere else.)
- enjoys bath time (Especially chewing on his washcloth and drinking the bath water. Yuck!)









- LOVES playing in his bounce gym









- plays and sleeps by putting his blanket on his face (Don't worry folks. I constantly check on him and move his blanket once he's done playing and falls asleep. Scary and strange, believe me I know. But it soothes him somehow.)





I can't believe I have a 6 month old! It is just amazing all the changes that have taken place. I look forward to each new thing. All the firsts that we are seeing and will get to see. I'm cherishing them all. Because like we are constantly reminded by everyone . . . it'll be gone in a flash!


1 comment:

Gran said...

Amen to that it is hard to believe that my 30 year old has a 6 month old. Gone in a flash is right. I am so proud of you Elizabeth and Michael what an awesome son you have brought into this world, into this family and into my heart. You never know how much more love your heart can hold until there is a grandchild. LYWSF, Mom/Gran