DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy little bee!

This post has been started and restarted probably a dozen times in the past month. Luckily Blogger keeps your stuff as drafts until you’re ready to post them. I sit down to post something or add to my draft then I feel a little tug at my pants leg telling me I’m needed elsewhere! :o) My computer has also decided to stop working so I’ve had to squeeze in time on Michael’s. I’ve taken lots of pictures and videos for everyone to enjoy so look for an update this week. Sorry to bore you with the long post if you were only looking for pictures.

I would first like to make an announcement. My brother David and his beautiful wife Natalie are expecting their first baby! The whole family is so excited to have another addition. She’s been having a pretty rough time of it right now. That little one is definitely making sure his momma doesn’t forget he/she is there. She has been so sick these 12 weeks. Please keep her in your prayers the remainder of her pregnancy.

This year was my first official Mother’s day and I had a wonderful time. What better way than to spend that day with your little one! Michael fixed my mom and I lunch and then mowed the lawn. I love a freshly mowed lawn. It smells so nice and looks beautiful. Daniel had so much fun playing with me and Gran while Michael mowed. He played outside on the front porch and explored all that it could offer. He even tasted a few leaves now and then. A little dirt never hurt anyone. This baby literally had dirt from head to toe!

He is now crawling forward and cruising on anything he can pull up on. I think one day he decided he was tired of going backward and running into stuff. He just took off as if he’d been doing it for months! Like I said he is pulling himself up on everything and bravely cruising. Occasionally he will pull himself up to his crib rail but for some reason gets stuck. It’s actually pretty funny. I know I’m mean for laughing but he just looks so scared when he gets himself stuck when all he has to do is let go. Because he’s pulling up Super Dad has lowered the crib mattress all the way down. I couldn’t believe how fast that moment came. My mom bought him a cool little walker. He goes backward right now. Why does he have a problem with going forward? :o) He loves pressing all the buttons and listening to the music playing. (He loves musical toys!) Of all the songs it plays for some reason he continuously plays “When the Saints Go Marching In”. Hopefully in the near future he’ll figure out how to go forward. He gets himself stuck a lot going backward. Now if we could just get some teeth! He still has no teeth. He’s had all the symptoms just nothing to show for it. Maybe we’ll be lucky and get a whole bunch at once. Not that I want him in immense pain.

Even without teeth he seems to be doing just fine with his food. He gets very excited at mealtime. I’m still making all of his food at the moment. And he is officially weaned off the breast. This was a gradual process which proved easier for Mommy and Daniel than I thought. I haven’t started introducing meats yet, which I know I should. But we are trying new textures and other new foods. He loves his veggies with just one exception so far. GREEN BEANS! He hates them with a passion. He will kick and scream and clamp his mouth shut. It’s actually quite dramatic with tears and everything. He does love his fruits. I’ve not come across one he doesn’t like so far. Like I said his lack of teeth isn’t holding him back. My mother gave him a whole nectarine this weekend to play with and gum while she made a fruit salad. He surprised us by biting right into it. He of course loved it and destroyed it; eating what he could and sucking out all the juice. Needless to say, he was very messy and sticky. He also enjoys his Gerber puffs and wagon wheels. We think he is picking up on the sign “more”. His rendition of it is really cute and he will sign it when he’s getting hungry too. Even though he stays on a pretty regular feeding schedule it is helpful to know when he’s getting hungry without him screaming.

We’ve been doing pretty good with no more ear infections. (knock on wood!) He does however have a terrible diaper rash that has been coming and going for a couple weeks. Luckily he has his nine month appointment this week so we can ask the doctor what’s going on. I was hoping it wasn’t a yeast infection and have been giving him yogurt to help. But this rash is a stubborn one. His spitting up has been a little heavier of late. I think we may need to start increasing his Zantac. I also believe he has yucky allergies like his mommy and daddy. His poor eyes have been so red and itchy lately. And periodically they’ve been getting lots of “eye boogies”. But like I said his appointment is this week to help answer a lot of our pressing questions. Otherwise I feel like he’s a pretty healthy baby. :o)

He has also become quite the talker, like his parents. He has moved on to two-syllable sounds. His first one was “ma-ma”. I will admit that I was very excited to hear that for the first time. But I know he’s not aware of what he’s saying. But it does melt the heart just the same! He is also saying “bah-bah” and “da-da”. Michael of course grinned ear to ear the first time he heard that. Sometimes when we put him to bed you can hear him babbling away to Slobber, one of his stuffed puppies. I’m enjoying it now while it’s still cute. Remind me when he’s 13 that I couldn’t wait for the days he could talk! LOL :o)

He’s doing great at school/daycare. He loves all his teachers and “friends” and is currently the second oldest in his class. This is a room of about seven kids all under one year old. As much as I wanted to stay home with him, I couldn’t imagine a better place for him. They do so many things with him that I never would have imagined. And sometimes the simplest thing is used as a teaching tool. They’ve finger painted, played with dry oatmeal and explored a newspaper. Another time they “helped” make muffins. And now that he’s crawling he’s exploring the adjoining classroom a lot more often. A few times I’ve gone to pick him up and the teachers laugh saying he went to visit his other friends. I think he’s turning into quite the flirt, like his daddy! It’s a wonderful place and I have had great experiences with everyone he comes in contact with.

I think that’s all the updates I have for now. I’m sure that was more than some of you expected. Look for the pictures and videos. I promise to have them up this week!


No comments: