DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ex-haus-tion

–noun
1. the act or process of exhausting.
2. the state of being exhausted.
3. extreme weakness or fatigue.
4. the total consumption of something: the exhaustion of your vacation benefits for the year.
Origin: 1640–50; <>

To say that I'm tired just wasn't enough. I'm exhausted! This last week has been such a trying week. My house has been a sick house! We noticed the week before that Daniel just wasn't himself. With the occasional low grade fever and just wanting to sleep. So when his fever got up to 102.6 on Monday morning on decided it was time to take him to see Dr. Sweet. I prayed all morning, "Please don't let it be flu!" Well, it wasn't flu. It was, however, a list of other things. Some of which all kind of piggy back each other.
  1. strep throat
  2. viral throat infection
  3. double ear infection
  4. thrush
  5. Hand Foot and Mouth

Two prescriptions and handouts later the doctor says, "At least it's not the flu!" She's right. Thank God for that. But now what?

Well, Tuesday morning I'm giving Michael instructions on how and when to give Daniel is medications. He looks at me with this glazed looked telling me he's not listening to a word I'm saying. In the middle of me asking, "Are you listening?" he darts to the bathroom and commences to puking and diarrhea. So, I call in for a second day and now have two boys to take care. Wednesday morning met me with a lovely slap in the face. It was my turn to be sick. Luckily only once! I was able to power through the rest of the day still caring for two puny, but recovering boys. Michael and I went back to work and Daniel back to school. I prayed that the daycare wouldn't call me and say it was too soon. Especially now that the blisters seem to have migrated from his mouth to his little face in the past two or three days!

In the midst of the crazy week my poor mother is diagnosed with a fungal ear infection that may have made it's way into her lymph node! How does that happen? Why does it seem everyone around me is falling apart? Pray that she feels better soon. She's been in tons of pain and will be going back to the doctor today. Pray that she doesn't require hospitalization but just lots of rest at home.

So, now we are trying to get back on schedule and maintain some form of routine. It's amazing how easy it is to get off and how hard it can be to get back on. A mother and wife's job is truly never ending. (I'm sorry Mom for never recognizing that until now!) I'm almost caught up with laundry and my house doesn't resemble a pig-sty anymore. Well, maybe just a little. But I'm still working on that!





No comments: