DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Bring the Rain

I actually had a completely different post planned for this evening but in light of what has taken place will postpone that for now.

For those of you who don't know, Michael is the Corsicana High School Choir director. And that small town has just been rocked with a terrible loss. Michael received word about an hour ago that the father of one of his students was killed in a car accident. In this town like every other small Texas town, sports reign. Which can be very frustrating for a fine arts teacher. But Michael knew that no matter what was going on he could depend on this man to support the choir. Including chaperon the trip to New York earlier this year as well as other functions. Michael cares for all of his students but for some reason really bonded with this family, this man. Sadly, he was also the pastor of one of the local churches. And knowing that is bittersweet. I can't help but remember the verse from Mercy Me's song Bring the Rain.

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Such powerful words in such a difficult time for this family. Please pray for them this weekend while they cope with this rain.






Lord, we come to you on behalf of the Edwards family tonight. We pray that you wrap your arms around his wife tonight and give her comfort and strength. I can't imagine the loss that she is feeling right now. Please hold on tight to his son tonight. Give him the comfort that now only his Daddy God can give him. Every boy needs his daddy and now give him the wisdom to come to you. To know that in all this rain you will give him the peace and understanding that his father is now with his Heavenly Father. Please give this family comfort to know that this man closed his eyes to this world but opened them to your welcoming face! I also pray Lord that you give Michael the words to share with this family. This is such a difficult time to find words. Just speak to his heart and give him comfort as well with the loss of his friend. I can't remember the last time I've seen him so heartbroken. Lord, we don't always understand your ways when we're in the middle of the storm. Sometimes we still don't even after the clouds have gone away. But we know we can always take comfort in knowing that you are here. It's in Your name we ask it all! Amen

1 comment:

The Sasser Family said...

My prayers are with the family in their time of loss. What a sad and tragic story. Praying that the peace that passes all understanding is present in their lives. Praise God it is a Christian family but for others that come in contact with them, I pray that their faith is seen even in their sadness. May God use this situation to reach others for His Kingdom.