DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Apologies . . .

I'm such a terrible blogger! Sometimes I wonder, why did I bother starting one? I can't tell you how many times I've started and restarted a post. In fact I have one in limbo full of Christmas pictures! I'M SOOO SORRY!!

There has been so much going on in our neck of the woods! We had such an amazing Christmas. We were the lucky participants of five Christmas celebrations. Needless to say, I don't think there is a toy out there that isn't in our house! Daniel is such a blessed and loved little boy. He was showered with so many gifts. Things ranging from toy cars, books, clothes, shoes and underwear. Well, maybe not undies, but he did get lots of diapers. Everybody gets underwear at Christmas at least once in their childhood. I'm sure this won't be the last. (Honestly, I ask for diapers every year! Not that we haven't been taken care of it in that department.)

My brother John proposed to his girlfriend Amanda on Christmas Eve. Well, now I can't even call her his fiance because they got married the first week in January. Something to do with living with him on base when he comes back from . . . I don't know where. He was stationed in Hawaii and is loving every minute of it. Amanda stayed behind in Texas to get a little more school behind her belt.

Patty, Michael's sister, and her family got to come down for a couple weeks. We had such a wonderful visit with them. Sometimes you forget how much your family means to you until they're physically out of reach! We miss them already and can't wait until their next visit. I just couldn't believe how big Catherine had gotten and how small Patty had gotten! :o) Catherine was so excited to meet Daniel. She continuously introduced him to everyone she came in contact with. "This is my baby cousin Daniel. He's my cousin!" It was adorable. Patty looks like a different person. To those of you who know her, she lost so much weight I was giving her clothes from my closet to take back with her. (Although, now that I mention it Patty, I may need them back with all the eating I did during the holidays!) Daniel just couldn't get enough of his Uncle Lorne. He just loved him. He was constantly asking him to pick him up. And of course Lorne obliged! :o)

Michael and I celebrated our NINTH wedding anniversary on December 30th. (Thank you to the Reece's for the special shout out! We thought of you too!) Patty and Lorne watched Daniel for us that night so we could go eat and take in a movie. Sometimes I look back and think we were way too young and stupid! But I know that God was with us every step of the way. Although, I'm sure there were some times all He could do was just shake His head at us. We're hoping to do something special for our tenth but we don't know what's in store at the moment.

Daniel will be starting a new daycare on March 1st. Please be in prayer for us during this transition. We found a wonderful place in Waxahachie that is a special ministry with a local church. Apparently a lot of people want in and God got us in quick! :o) The daycare he's been at has been absolutely amazing and vital for the first year. But now we need something closer to home and we definitely prefer the Christian curriculum. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I'm sure he will do much better than I'm expecting.

Well, I can't think of anything else. I'm busy planning my sister's baby shower for this weekend. Her little girl is due February 28th. We are just loving all these little ones!

1 comment:

Jon And Tina said...

I am bad about updating our blog too.