DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

TWO YEARS OLD!

I'm dusting off the old blog. I guess I've neglected it long enough. There really is only so much you can share on Facebook! I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I know that's so cliche but, seriously! Time really does get away from you so easy. Just look at how long it's been since I've graced these pages. I really couldn't believe it's been six months since my last post. For all I know I'm talking to myself now. I can't blame you for ditching me for more interesting blogs like the ones I have listed in my margin. Check them out if you haven't already. They are some great people and blogs!

Daniel turned two years old today! I am still in awe sometimes that he's here. Crazy, I know, even after this long. He has grown up so fast into the cutest, smartest, silliest, sweetest boy. Of course I'm extremely biased. :o) His vocabulary and sign language has sky-rocketed just in the past month or so. I have to tell him to slow down because he's still so hard to understand. And he gets very excited and talks fast like his mommy. Which is why the sign language is still great! He hasn't mastered sentences more than three words, but he sure tries. It's really cute when the words get all turned around because then he starts sounding like Yoda. I love it when he wraps his little arms around my neck or gives me a hug or kiss without asking for it! Although if you ask him if he loves you, he will tell you no. I've only gotten one I love you out of him just out of the blue. I'm just happy he said it to me first! Hey, he did say "dada" before "mama". I should get something!

He of course is walking, running and climbing at full speed. Nothing is ever done slow or carefully with him. It's all or nothing with this little boy. He's fearless. Which, in turn, terrifies me! He loves playing outside and especially going down the slide. Any slide! Again, fearless! Tonight, while watching him literally run around in circles I told my dad that he is like this ALL THE TIME. He fights bedtime because he doesn't want to stop. The only thing that gets him to stop is Thomas or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Then I may be able to squeeze out 30 -45 minutes of down time.

Daniel's love for books and music has multiplied. We probably read ten to twenty books a night. Not all at bedtime, but just throughout the evening. Some of course are quicker than others and some we just shorten ourselves. I appreciate his love for books though. Just like Michael appreciates his love for music. However loud the drum may get. He especially loves singing "Twinkle Twinkle" or "Wheels on the bus" with his daddy. We have learned that Daniel has better dance moves than his daddy. You should see his little booty wiggle.

Potty training is going smooth so far. To be honest, I'd like it to go fast. But I'm trying to be patient. He will tell me "poo poo potty" which means he needs to go or has already gone in his diaper, whether or not it's solid. (TMI? LOL) In fact this post was interrupted by that very statement! He's not had a dry night yet so I know we still have more time to practice. I'm thinking about getting a little more adventurous with possibly a bottomless Saturday. But I'm just not sure how effective that will truly be although I've heard it works. Obviously not a great idea if you only have carpet!

I'm so amazed at how much he learns and grows everyday. Sometimes it seems like its something new everyday. He'll do or say things that Michael and I have no clue where he picked it up! That of course only solidifies the "be careful what you say and do" policy we've tried to adopt. :o) But we can only protect him so much. It's no exaggeration when they refer to children as sponges. We changed day cares in March to a local "church" based facility. The first daycare was wonderful because it was right across the street from my office, among many other reasons. But the older he got we realized we needed something closer to our home. It gives us the opportunity to have a day off work to run errands or relax without keeping up with a little one. I know he's also enjoyed having two of his grandmothers pick him up occasionally for a little fun. It was a smooth transition and a very wise decision on our part!

Well, this toddler mom is exhausted! I'm trying to figure out how to get pictures off our camera. Once I do I will amaze you with the difference from the last pictures posted!

No comments: