DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Two weeks and another miracle!

Don't worry folks. I won't bore you with weekly posts of every little thing Daniel has been doing. But, I'm on maternity leave! What time do you think it is when I do a post? So bear with me. Trust me, once I start back to work, you'll think I disappeared!

I will tell you that he's doing great. He seems to have discovered his hands. It's so funny to watch him discover the world around him. Now if I could just get up the courage to clip his little finger nails before he scratches himself. I'm still trying to learn his cries. Right now the "checklist" method is working for us. Hungry? Check. Gas? Check. Want cuddle time? BINGO! Surprisingly, he doesn't cry when he has a dirty diaper. (Just like a boy. Doesn't mind being dirty!) We did have our first official bath this week! It started out a little rough. He pooped within minutes of being in the tub. So we moved him to the sink. At least he let me finish bathing him before peeing! Needless to say, we will schedule bath time a little better next time. We didn't get any still pictures but were able to get some of it on video.

I went to see my OB/GYN today for my two week post-partum. The doctor admitted that he probably figured the due date incorrectly. We both laughed and said oh well! Something else for me to smile about is that I'm just four pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight!! I couldn't believe it. Now if I can just lose an additional ten to twenty pounds. I don't think that's too big a goal. Do you? LOL (I'm praying for a miracle.)

In other news, a couple in our small group had their second baby last night. That was my original due date! Even crazier is that they went to the weekly meeting and left some time after nine. The baby was born at 11! (I wonder, what's her secret?) Pray for lots of rest and recovery for mom. Her labor progressed so quickly she wasn't able to receive any pain medication.




Addelyn Kate Allen was born 9-9-08 at 11 P.M.

She weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz.

And will be joining big sister Avery.

Congratulations Ryan and Leah!







No comments: