There has been so much going on! Not only has the computer decided to quit but so has my car! Is this God's way of telling me I don't have to go back to work on the 13th? (Don't panic Candi!) My car's starter has died. We are working on getting that replaced. Keep us in your prayers as our cash flow is low right now. God always has a way of helping us out in these situations.
Also, our dear friends Jerrod and Lisa got married on Wednesday, October 1st! We are so excited for them. It was a quick trip to the JP with hugs and kisses all around. They are wanting to throw the "big" shindig sometime next year as well as possibly start a family. Lisa, by the way, is doing so much better. She really seems to back to her old self. They are still trying to figure out the right formula for all her medications. She is also trying to find a new rheumotologist (sp?) without much success. If anyone knows of a good one in Houston please let me know! Continue to keep them in your prayers.
While I do have tons of pictures of Daniel I can't figure out how to post them without putting them on Michael's laptop. So be patient. If you wait, they will come. He went to see the doctor on Sept. 29th. (I was told incorrectly by a nurse that he needed to be seen at one month.) Oh well. That gave us a chance to meet his new doctor that we just love and I'm glad we went. He of course is growing like a weed and weighing in at 10.5 pounds! The doctor is a wonderful woman that had my very fussy and hungry baby hypnotized for about 15 minutes. She reassured me that he is growing beautifully and to come back for his two month appointment where we will discuss and administer immunizations. This is where I'm on shaky ground. While I know that these shots are vital, I'm concerned about the amount and timing of the shots. Why so many at one time? Can't they be spread out more? I guess these are questions we will discuss at his next appointment. What are your thoughts on the immunization debate?
As for me, I'm doing great. I had my six week post-partum today, one week early. The doctor's wife makes personalized burp rags for his patients as a congratulatory gift. It's so cute. My doctor is just great. I think I'll continue seeing him even if he's an hour away. Good doctors are so hard to find! He even said he's looking forward to seeing baby number two. Everything appears to be great and I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Can you believe it?! Sadly I still have lots of toning to do. Will my stomach ever be the same? It looks like a deflated balloon! TMI? Well, luckily I was wanting to lose some weight before I got pregnant so now I'm back to my starting point. It can only go down from here. Right?!?! Just pray that I don't get discouraged and that my "new mom" schedule will keep me busy and distracted enough to do just that.
Well, I guess that's all for the updates. I will figure out some way to get some pictures posted ASAP for you. There are some cute ones!


3 comments:
Thanks for the udpate! I almost fell out of my chair about you not returning to work. Don't do that to me!!! I can't believe you'll be back in a week. Time went by so fast.
Praying about your car and money situation - I know things are tight right now. ANOTHER REASON TO RETURN TO WORK :)-
Kiss the baby for me and relax about his shots. All at once is better than one at a time over a long period of time. They don't even know what's going on most of the time. Give Tylenol before the shots, that'll help with any discomfort afterwards. That's the advice from Dr Sasser! No charge.
My mom goes to an EXCELLENT rheumatologist (sp?) in houston named Dr. Warner. He's in the medical center in a group called the UT Physicians... his # is 832-325-7191.
Immunizations are something that concerened me too. but It's your choice in the the end, While I wish I had waited hindsite is twenty twenty, although one thing I believe you can request is that he not be givine the multi shot but instead have them administered seperately, IE the MMR shot. Personally also I woul dask what the immunizations are preserved with and MAKE SURE ITS NO hymethricol (SP) mercury based preservative.I still don't know why we give them chicken pox shots either when I have never heard of anyone dying from them but that's just me. Like I said , your choice you follow your gut because your his best advocate. It's my understanding that he must only be current on his shots before he enters school or by age 6, I garauntee If Lorne and I do this again I will wait no ifs ands or buts. As for them not knowing what is going on... well Tears and red faces aren't looking like they don't know what's going on to me. But will agree with the Tylonal before hand. Anyway Just pray and do what you think is best no one can tell you how to be the best mom you already are in my book. LYWSF
Patty
Post a Comment