DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

New sport! Watermelon balancing...


Today was another doctor's appointment. Have I mentioned I love my doctor? He is a Christian man and so is his staff. And boy does it show. I have been so at ease every time I go in. They are the best office I have ever been to. I thank God that He has blessed me with such a nice and easy going doctor. I don't know if I'd be so calm about stuff if he wasn't. But, enough about him. I'm starting to sound like a stalker!

The doctor said that I'm progressing nicely. We didn't do another sonogram but I did get to hear the heartbeat again. It has increased to around 155-160 bpm. The baby also seems to be very active right now. When the doctor first put the doppler on my tummy he found the heartbeat pretty quick but then it went away. He ended up moving the doppler all over trying to find her again. Finally after a minute or so he found the beat again in a totally different place! Already I can tell I'm gonna have my hands full. Other than that, it was an uneventful appointment. He answered several questions for me, which is always great. I asked him about sleeping on my tummy. He said it's fine now while I'm not big. "Eventually you just won't be able to sleep on your stomach." Of course that makes complete sense. Can you sleep while balancing on a watermelon? There are so many "old wives tales" that you just have to make sure. Tell me if you've heard this one: Don't raise your hands above your head. Really? What goodies have you heard?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's meant more for Like Stretching your hand above your head like in climing a ladder but I have to say that I was climbing LAdders right up to 3 weeks prior to delivery getting up in to the Perimeter Towers at the prison, I actually enjoyed doing that because it kept me in shape, the thing is not to OVERDUE any activity. I mean c;mon Women used to Squat out in the feilds and go back to work back in the good old days....my don't we have it easy.