DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Week 11: Just plum cute!


Fetal development in pregnancy week 11: (fetus in third month) Maybe you’ve noticed… your baby is a super-duper grower! Your lil' fetus will be gaining a substantial amount of weight this week and has already achieved fruit-size-status comparable to a plum. What's more, your little scientist is already starting to explore their body, focusing most intently on touching their head, and especially their face and mouth. Their mouth in particular will provide them with hours of entertainment. This happens not only because your baby is gaining coordination, and is therefore able to move a hand on command, but also because their palms have gained sensation and can actually “feel” what it touches.They're also developing their swallow reflex this week. And lastly, your baby's smelling and other olfactory senses will begin developing this week, which when combined with the maturing taste buds, will provide your baby with their first experiences of taste and smell.


How's mom doing? Someone commented that they didn't like the textbook information I provide each week, but we do. We love learning what's going on inside me! God has blessed us with such a wonderful gift that I'm in awe of all the changes that take place week to week. As far as how I'm feeling, I'm doing good. I think I'm finally past the morning sickness and exhaustion. Every now and then I feel a little cramping, but I know that just means my body is making room for Baby Dot. I'm excited about getting to shop for maternity clothes this weekend. Too early you say? Explain that to the seams and stitches on my jeans! It's mostly pants I'm noticing the difference. To know that I'm to that point is so exciting to me. Write that down, because now will be the only time I'm excited about gaining weight. I try to be good about what I eat and drink. I haven't had any liquid caffiene since I found out I was pregnant. But, I do consume a piece of chocolate when I want one. I have learned to limit myself to one or two pieces though. For those of you who know me best, you know that's been a feat!

Well, I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow and look forward to updating everyone! Keep in touch guys! We love to read your comments. They really brighten our day.

1 comment:

The Sasser Family said...

We love reading about what is going on with Baby Dot! It's a miracle what God is doing in your body and everyone should know that the life growing inside you is something only He can do...so keep sharing. Yay for maternity clothes. Not sure what us girls at work will laugh at after lunch when you don't have to "adjust" your pants ; )