People have been asking if we've picked out names. Some may say it's too soon. We only told a select few until we could decide for sure what we wanted. We preferred to go the traditional route. And to also use names that mean something to us. Some people are superstitious about sharing baby names. But we aren't, so here goes...
If it's a boy, we decided on James Daniel. James is a Huffstetler tradition that goes way back. It's Michael's first name, his dad's, his grandfather's, and so on. Michael wanted to keep up the tradition of the first name and I've always loved the name Daniel. So wahlah.
For the girl's name, we came up with Dorothy Paige. This is also a very special name for us. From the very beginning we have been calling the baby "Baby Dot". Because of the first sono. I reminded Michael that Dot was a nickname for Dorothy, a name I had been thinking about. He said he had been thinking about it too. This is also my great-grandmother's name. She's a special person to us both that I wish we could see more of. She lives in Kansas City, MO. (Fun fact: Grandma Long, as we call her, is 93 and can bowl like a pro! She has also chased off a burgler with a plunger. But, that's for another post.)
Today I thought I'd see what these names mean. Dorothy was the only one I did. To tell you the truth, it solidified my decision to use this name. Dorothy means "gift of God". Tell me you got goosebumps, because I sure did! I lost interest after that to find out what the other ones mean.
So, there you go. I know that was a long explanation. But, when have you known me to give a simple answer?


1 comment:
Loved this post I love those so much more than the straight weekly posts relating to the technical aspects of the pregnancy , the personal ones are the best~
Love you guys and you have to let me know as soon as you find out if it's a boy or girl although I'm pushing for a girl LOL, Catherine and I prayed last night in bed before sheslept and she said god bless uncle mike and aunt libby and baby cousin :) Love you both!!
Patty
Post a Comment