DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Much needed catching up!

Well, I have kicked Michael off the computer tonight so that I can attempt to catch up on blogging!

Michael and I have been so blessed these past nine months that we don't know how to properly thank everyone. We have received so many wonderful gifts for Daniel. This baby is so loved and he's not even here yet! We have had two showers that have provided a lot of our baby needs. If for any reason God saw fit to have him arrive tomorrow, we'd be set. The only big item we're missing right now is the travel set (stroller/car seat combo). It's the most important, we realize. But still it's the last important thing to get. How lucky are we? This baby is set for clothes up to nearly twelve months of age. We have tons of diapers, but we're still working on gathering more. You can never have too much of that! :o)

Michael and I also had some maternity portraits done last weekend after our shower. I'm hoping my feet aren't showing too much because they were so swollen! What was I thinking trying to do so much in one day? I'm an over achiever I guess trying to squeeze in everything before he gets here. But I had such a great time. For you "Friends" fans out there, I'm Chandler when it comes to having my picture taken. I don't do well at all! LOL If anyone is looking for a photographer her name is Natalie Busch and she was just great. She made me feel so at ease and have a good time. We've already started discussing Daniel's first photo session. (You may see pictures of my sister and her husband on her site.)

The nursery is basically done. My dad and "second mom" Lisa got us the changing table we had registered for. (It converts into a desk later!) Sadly, it's not put together yet. It was an online only item that had to be shipped. When it arrived the box was in horrible shape and one of the legs was split down the middle. Making it unfit to put together. So Michael immediately inspected everything else and made sure we at least had all the pieces before calling them. They told him we would have the replacement by Monday or Tuesday this week but we haven't received it yet. The email confirmation did say to give them 3 -14 days. So we'll give them a few more days to get it here. I'm just really anxious to get it done! Besides the table all I have left to do is purchase a slip cover for the couch in the nursery. Yes, I said couch. This is a very large room. I can't wait to post up pictures. But I'm waiting until it's all done. I can't post pictures of an incomplete room! :o)

My last appointment last week went fine and uneventful. After my appointment I did get a tour of the labor and delivery floor where we'll be. I made the mistake of doing this without Michael because the nervous excitement of it all took over on my way home. It all became very real! This baby is almost here and there's not turning back. My next appointment is on August 21st and Michael will be attending that one. I think he's just using the appointment to get out of orientation! :o) But we're going to tour L&D that day too so he can know where to go and such.

People keep asking me if I'm getting nervous and if I'm "done" being pregnant. I have to say that I have been blessed all around with this pregnancy. The fact that we got pregnant is a blessing. The fact that we're having the boy we've always wanted is a blessing. The fact that I've not had any problems at all with this pregnancy has been a blessing. I can say I've truly enjoyed being pregnant. I will admit that if I had my choice I wouldn't want to do it during the summer again. But it wasn't my choice, was it? Up until the past couple of weeks I've been pretty comfortable. But now the heat is getting to me and the lack of sleep isn't any better. All in preparation, I know!

Most of all, I can't wait to meet him!! I can't wait to see his face and all his fingers and toes. Who is he going to look like? How big is he going to be. Is he going to be a singer like his daddy? Is he going to have my temper? (I hope not!) I just can't wait to hold him and tell him how much I love him and see him in his daddy's arms! This is what we've been waiting for and it's just around the corner!

Thank you dear Lord for all of the blessings you've deemed us worthy to receive. I pray that we raise him to be the boy You want him to be. I pray that he grows up to love and worship you as his father and I do. Lord, I pray that our son understands one day just how much he was loved before he was even conceived. And not just by his parents, but by You Lord. I pray you guide Michael and me as we raise this boy to live for You and not of this world. Thank you dear God for everything. We love you and thank you!


No comments: