DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Well this weekend went much better than last. We celebrated another birthday but this time without a dog fight!

Friday night we went to Cleburne to meet up with a dear friend and her boyfriend. Elaine and Michael worked together at Cleburne Middle School two years ago. If it wasn't for the unexpected opening in Corsicana, he'd still be in Cleburne. When I met Elaine two years ago I thought she was a very goofy, crazy and larger than life person. More than I could handle! Now that I've gotten to know her I still think she is a goofy, crazy and larger than life person. But I'm so glad she's in my life! She absolutely fell in love with Daniel on Friday. I'm surprised she didn't try to smuggle him out.






Our Burrito Baby at the game.
It got a little too cold for him.










Saturday Daniel and I went up to the civic center for the Veteran's Day Celebration. My dad was performing. There were several great performers. Luckily Daniel waited to get fussy and fill his diaper just after my dad sang. But we left after our stinky dash to the bathroom. I thought I'd spare everyone Daniel's opinion on the whole program. Hopefully we didn't miss too much more. The music was inspiring but not as much as the pictures they showed and the tons of veterans from wars as far back as WWII. We owe these men and women more than we could ever repay.


Sunday after church we headed down to my mom's to celebrate Jennifer's birthday. She turned 26 on the third. We missed David and Natalie due to other obligations but had a great time anyway. If you notice the picture we had to improvise on the candle. I forgot to bring birthday candles so my mom found a scented votive to use instead. After we stuffed our face with cake and ice cream we played a board game called "Loaded Questions". I wish I could say I let the birthday girl win, but really she kicked butt!







Happy Birthday Aunt Jenn!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures your putting up and enjoy the updates,let me know when we can catch up on the phone as I miss the sounds of your voices! Thngs here are busy as well we'll catch up soon!

Love Patty